02 August 2009

the dangers of lemonade

The weather has cooled down quite a bit, which is such a relief. I can even wear long pants. My mum was up for a visit this weekend, which was a lot of fun. We went to a couple of bookstores, and one of the local parks, and she came to knitting group with me on Thursday and I helped get her knitting again. She really just needed help casting on and then remembered how to knit pretty well.

We went to my cousin's bridal shower yesterday. I wore a shirt that I rarely wear in public but my aunt was so busy with the shower that she didn't react much to it (it's red and black with a lower neckline than I usually wear and a lace-up front--very dramatic--when I dressed as a vampire for Halloween a couple years ago, I wore it). I was disappointed by the lack of a reaction, but she did think it was hilarious when I absently-mindedly drank two glasses of the spiked lemonade they had and then my balance went away. It was hot, I was thirsty, and it didn't taste that strong. I had to lean against door-jambs and counters, because sitting down just felt weird. Kept my mouth shut, though, so hopefully not many people noticed. It was a lovely shower, and my cousin got some really awesome vases and other cool stuff. She's going to be one of those drop-dead gorgeous brides, and her dress is absolutely lovely. My grandmother made it and then my cousin did the beading on it herself.

Not much knitting going on for me because it was so hot earlier this week and then I was busy this weekend. I did some knitting in the car yesterday on the way to and from the shower, and at knitting group on Thursday. In spite of that, my thumb's decided that it's over-stressed so I'm taking a break from knitting today. This seems to happen whenever I've been knitting with needles in the 4-6 mm range. Not sure why. Something about that gauge that bothers my hand, I guess.

And...I guess that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I'll make sure it gets posted as soon as possible. I currently get so few comments that I moderate to avoid spamming.