05 January 2012

J. went to play board games with some friends tonight, promising not to be too late, and here it is 11 pm and he isn't home yet. Well, it's his fault if he's sleepy in the morning when he has to get up at 5:30.

I'm arriving at the point of sleepiness, where I consider switching off the computer and curling up in bed. Inevitably, this leads to my being awake for about an hour as I try to fall asleep, unless I'm very lucky and my body decides it's going to sleep quickly.

I wouldn't call myself an insomniac, exactly, since I can and do sleep (and I love sleep--it's awesome). But sleep doesn't always come easily, and can be quickly shattered, unless it's when I have to get up, which is, naturally, when my most colourful dreams happen.

The other night, I dreamed that I was vacuuming, and the vacuum gathered up a tangled, skein-shaped mess of purple yarn bits, that, I observed in the dream, would be enough to knit a hat with if they were all in one piece, instead of snippets. Last night I went to a place that was a combination of a retreat centre I used to work at, and an underground hideout with many complicated rules based on a society that had evolved underground. And there was sushi. A friend I haven't seen in years, who got engaged recently, was talking about her wedding plans. Her brother was chattering about his overseas travels, and my husband and I were trying to figure out how to leave, since the meal was over. Also, there was someone who hated my guts, for an unknown reason, and I couldn't figure out why.

Let's see where I end up tonight.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment and I'll make sure it gets posted as soon as possible. I currently get so few comments that I moderate to avoid spamming.